Friday, October 24, 2008

MY FIRST POST, I MISS DODGER BASEBALL ALREADY

Hello everyone. This is my first post here. It's been over a week now since my Dodgers have been eliminated from post-season play. It was a fun season in which we celebrated the Dodgers 50th anniversary here in L.A. The celebration began on the 1st day of this new year as the Dodgers were the first MLB ever to enter a float in the Rose Parade. And to cap off this anniversary year, the Dodgers, in spite of numerous injuries to key players and winning only 84 games in which most felt was a weak NL West, captured their 2nd division title in 4 years and 3rd post-season berth in 5 years. They would shock everyone by knocking off the NL's best team out of the first round of post-season play, the Cubbies, sweeping them in 3 straight. However, they could not get past the Phillies and the Phils would beat us in 5 games in the best of 7 NLCS. It was still a fun season, the Boys in Blue would reach the NLCS for the first time in 20 years. But we would come up 3 games short of a World Series berth. I had a lot of fun going to Dodger Stadium this year. In fact, I've been going to games there since my 8th birthday in 1982. Dodger Stadium has always been my favorite venue to attend games and for the last 3 seasons I've had partial season tickets in the Left Field Pavillion, where some of the most passionate fans sit. It was especially exciting there during the last 2 months of the season with the arrival of Manny Ramirez, as the LF Pav would be dubbed MANNYWOOD. Speaking of Manny, it will be interesting if the Dodgers can retain him in the years to come. He is reportedly asking for a 6 year deal, but sources say the Dodgers don't want to commit that much time. On a more positive note, the Dodgers still seem to be one of the favorites in the free-agent bidding war for Manny. Speaking of free agents, the Dodgers will be loaded with them this off-season, and you can expect a lot of changes over the winter. Well, it was a fun season. My next stop will be up north in the city by the bay, as I watch the 49ers take on the Seahawks in Mike Singletary's first game as head coach, taking over Mike Nolan, who was fired earlier this week. Have a good weekend, enjoy your fill of games over the weekend, and oh yeah, if you are wondering, I'm hoping the Phillies win the WS. I would like to say that our boys lost to a World Champ. However, if Tampa wins, I wont be too upset since they are this years Cinderella Story. And before I leave you, I hope you enjoy the slide show of my Dodger Pics throughout the '08 season, which range from the Rose Parade floats to the Pre-Season caravan at Universal Citiwalk, the exhibition game at the Coliseum, Opening Day, and various pics from this season, including the NLCS. Enjoy everyone.

2008 DODGER PICS



2008 NLCS, GAME 5




No comments: